Installation date and Service Question

Moderators: Gigler Technical, Radam6471, alanhl

Postby bigmacdave » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone, no one seems to post much on this forum and it would be nice to hear from other users how they are getting on with their broadband.

I am joining on the 23rd June and I am getting worried that there is only a couple of people running gigler and no one this week has replied to my question about install date confirmation.

It does say that an engineer visits to do a survey which I met the person who was very pleasant and obliging to me and I would be informed of my actual date after 5 days which has past.

Also does anyone answer the phone?
bigmacdave

Re: Installation date and Service Question

Postby venuetech » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 pm

The service is generally good and returns speed tests of between 400 - 500 Meg. You have put your finger on the only downfall. No one is ever at home :) This forum never gets a reply. I've been with Gigler for 11 months and the service has failed about 3 times. Mostly due to network faults and usually for less than a day. The one time it was more than this they gave me a free month.

The extremely frustrating thing is there is never an answer to find out why. You have to leave a message which is usually returned after the fault has cleared. However despite the poor customer service on the whole this is a great service.

I have my 01202 number ported through draytel.org for £3 a month which comes in over the fibre which makes it a cheap line.
venuetech

Re: Installation date and Service Question

Postby bigmacdave » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:36 am

Well I am extremely pleased with the service, I get around 200 down and 250 up on my main pc which is quite old now, but on my friends computer he tested it and got around 603 down and 400 up so pretty impressive.

Yes I think the same about customer service, they do get back to me, but it takes a while, I think they keep costs down by employing a few people to operate this service, they only reach bh9,bh10 and bh11 so gigler only operate this side of bournemouth.

I think this forum is never used as people have no reason to complain unless the service develops a fault or network maintainence.

I would love to visit there operations and see what goes on behind the scenes as I am a techie geek and love everything tech.
bigmacdave

Postby R19Pam » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Just wanted to say that I have been very impressed with the quality of service and support Ive gotten from A Small Orange. Thanks guys for keeping it all going
R19Pam

Return to Customer Service